I’ve been putting off writing about The Good Dinosaur for a while, so I’m making lists of what I liked and what I didn’t like about the movie.
What I liked was:
- It it a story any child would relate to, and any adult that remembers what’s it like to be a child, from his fears and how to overcome them, to how he’s compared to the rest of his family members, and how naive the main character is.
- The human boy was so cute. I was convinced to have a cute pet human boy. Its funny how the roles are reversed here, how the kid is fearless and loyal.
- The scenes with the father made me tear.
- The beautiful scenery, the scenery was very realistic.
- It is a coming of age dinosaur movie, the main character went through a lot and literally grew up within the course of one movie.
What I didn’t like is:
- the character designs of the dinosaurs are uninspired. I could not take them seriously at times.
- the boy pretty much acted like a dog, it would’ve been more interesting if there were scenes where the boy was human.
- Why do dinosaurs have southern accents? These little additions that seem to me are picked for the sake of being unique backfired in my perspective, they were off putting.
- Some parts felt like I was watching the Lion King, only not as great, the movie is forgettable.
- I don’t feel it is as creative as other Pixar movies.
- It needed more humor, and charismatic characters.
I don’t regret going to The Good Dinosaur, but I don’t recommend it to everyone.